Powered By Blogger

Saturday 27 August 2011

A Hesitant Flyer - First Blog (ever)!

Today is a day of celebration, because I have created my first blog page/blog ever, ever.  The irony is, I have dreamt of this kind of writing and sharing since my early teens.  For the longest time, I thought no one would ever be interested in what I have to write and to share.  I have come across a few blogs over the years, but not enough to convince me that I could do it.  Perhaps I had too much demons and doubts all along.  But while I was sleeping, the world have so drastically evolved, into one where my old dreams are no longer the timid, humble, private dreams that I had to kept to myself many light years ago.


I have longed to take part in the creative world, a world that would enable me to find my “self”.  I guess I am sort of a closeted art maker.  I used to write letters to my dearest friend Monica (who was my one and only loyal reader), and have occasionally incorporated drawings, collages, and inserted art works in these letters.  I loved designing cards to send to friends and family.  But they were just something that I did for very private eyes, because they were not considered “real art”. 


I know my heart always jumps with joy and excitment whenever I paint, do crafting, or write... things that nurture and inspire my creative soul.  But being A Hesitant Flyer, I eventually resigned myself to the practicality in life, thus have given up the idea of pursuing the path in the arts/creative.  It was all or nothing for me. 


After so many years of hiding behind my own insecurities and fears, for the first time, I have decided to venture out of my comfort (actually” discomfort”) zone, and started this blog.  I am setting out to strengthen my aspirations to exercise my full potential as a human being, or as an artist. I am hoping to meet like-minded people out there, and to find my “self” and my voice on this new, exciting journey.


I can’t imagine where I would be if I wasn’t such a hesitant flyer 20 odd years ago, but there is no need to mourn for the time lost, for it is better late than never.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that you have found the courage to embark on a journey that has been delayed for so long. I suggest that you travel more for creative inspiration, especially back to the Far East ;p

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete